So this week we got some Corn on the Cob, so I was happy about that. I just hope that all of the rain this month hasn’t totally messed it up. I know that last week’s Peaches really weren’t that good. And you know I had a ton of them. I ended up peeling them and cutting them into slices and putting them in the freezer. They will probably work best for Smoothies. They certainly weren’t the type to just snack on. That was disappointing since that’s what I had been doing with the other ones we got that were good. Oh well.
There’s really not much more to report. Tomatoes. Again. And a few other things that we do not like/want. I have an obscene amount of tomatoes at home. I think that today I’m going to try roasting the tomatoes and then making a sauce out of them. Because I have nothing else to do with 4 pints of Cherry Tomatoes and 5 huge Tomatoes! I just don’t want them to go bad. So I think roasting them with some olive oil and balsamic vinegar will be a fun experiment! And that Oregano will come in handy for the sauce! I bet Mr. Curly Fry won’t have a problem with me opening up a bottle of red wine so I can add some to the sauce. Because then he can drink the rest of it. I don’t like red wine…it gives me a headache! (Oh man…I sound old, lol!)
We didn’t get anything out of the Swap Box for what we put in. All that was in there was the stuff that I didn’t want (Rainbow Chard and Red Romaine Lettuce) and Corn on the Cob. But the six ears of Corn on the Cob that we got will be plenty for us. I didn’t want twelve! So we couldn’t take advantage of the Swap Box this week.
- 6 Ears Sweet Corn - Certified Organic – Farmdale Organics
- 1 Head Red Romaine Lettuce – Certified Organic – Healthy Harvest Organics *SWAP BOX
- 2 Red Tomatoes – Certified Organic – White Swan Acres
- 1 Pint Mixed Cherry Tomatoes – Certified Organic – Farmdale Organics
- 1 Bunch Tatsoi (Japanese Spinach) – Certified Organic – Hillside Organics
- 1 Bag Mixed Sweet Peppers – Certified Organic – Maple Lawn Organics
- 1 Bunch Rainbow Chard – Certified Organic – Meadow Valley Organics *SWAP BOX
- 1 Bunch Oregano – Certified Organic – Noble Herbs
- 1 Bag Peaches – IPM – Three Springs Fruit Farm
- 1 Bag Apples – IPM – Three Springs Fruit Farm
Apples make me think of Fall. And I love Fall. It’s one of my favorite seasons and unfortunately it doesn’t last long enough! It seems that every year summer gets longer and winter starts way too early. I love everything about Fall. The cool, crisp air. Turning the air conditioning off and opening the windows. Pumpkins. Apples. Football. Souper Bowl Sunday. I can’t believe it starts next week!
Since Fall is almost here…what are you looking forward to the most?