It’s June 1st, and in Philadelphia that means it’s the start of Philly Beer Week! According to the Philly Beer Week web site:
Philly Beer Week is a 10-day celebration of the Best Beer-Drinking City in America.
Established in 2008, it’s the largest beer celebration of its kind in America, featuring hundreds of festivals, dinners, tours, pub crawls, tastings and meet-the-brewer nights to area bars, restaurants and other locations throughout Greater Philadelphia.
Since its inception, nearly 100 other cities worldwide have copied Philadelphia’s success to launch their own beer weeks.
Philly Beer Week highlights the region’s diverse beer scene – its world-class breweries, neighborhood taverns, trend-setting restaurants and rich beer culture and history. Philly Beer Week draws thirsty beer fans from throughout the region and beyond, making it one of Philadelphia’s key annual tourism events.
How cool is that? There are always so many wonderful events that feature beer and food. And they even have iPhone and Android apps! How fun is that? You can find out what’s going on while you’re already out and about so you can join in on the fun!
Sunday, June 3, is a big day on East Passyunk Avenue! There will be an all day party for Craft Beer Day and La Festa!
CRAFT BEER DAY/ PHILLY BEER WEEK ON EAST PASSAYUNK AVENUE ~ 11am-2am (I told you it was a PARTY!!)
East Passyunk Avenue is kicking off Philly Beer Week with 15 thirst-quenching hours at 9 East Passayunk Bars & Restaurants, as listed below:
- Birra (1700 East Passayunk Avenue) – 11am-2am IPA Day Tap Takeover including BellsHopslam and a firkin of a special dry-hopped Brew Works Hop Explosion made for the event.
- Stogie Joe’s (1801 East Passayunk Avenue) – 11am-2am Meatball sandwich and Yards Saison Draft for $10 + Live Acoustic Classic Rock at 4pm
- POPE (1501 East Passayunk Avenue) – 11am-3pm Brunch with a diverse line-up of special craft beers + 8-10pm “Breaking Bad” themed Quizzo with Johnny Goodtimes presented by Port/Lost Abbey Brewing
- Lucky 13 (1820 S 13th Street) – 11:30am-4pm Brunch menu paired with Victory + Lucky 13 DJs at 1pm
- Ms. Goody Cupcake (1838 East Passayunk Avenue) – 11:30am-5pm Open House with cupcake sampling and a special beer & chocolate brewed cupcake “Take Me Out tothe Ballgame”
- Le Virtu (1927 East Passayunk Avenue) – 1-4pm Outdoor Beer Garden & Grill with tastings from Round Guys, Prism, Evil Genius, Ommegang, Brewvolution + grilled Abruzzese fare
- The Bottle Shop (1837 East Passayunk Avenue) – 1-5pm Fruit Beer Floats featuring Fruli, Wild Blue, Wild Black, Wild Red & Ithaca Apricot Wheat
- Stateside (1536 East Passayunk Avenue) – 1-8pm Outside Beer-B-Que with Victory Classic & Rare Brews
- Noir Restaurant & Bar (1909 East Passayunk Avenue) – 2-6pm Barley Legal Home Brew Sampling & Bites
- South Philly Bar & Grill (1235-37 East Passayunk Avenue) – 9pm-midnight $2 off all craft beer and $2 off gourmet cheese steaks, including Roasted Garlic, Gorgonzola, Smoked Gouda, and Jabanero Monterey Jack
ITALIAN NATIONAL DAY/ LA FESTA
(Photo belongs to filitaliainternational.com)
12-6pm ~ East Passayunk Avenue between Mifflin & Moore Streets
Hosted by Filitalia International, La Festa della Rupubblica celebration will feature entertainment, special exhibits, drinks, and of course food including Mamma Maria. Other highlights are an Italian mural hand painted by Liliana Corfiati, musical entertainment from DJ Johnny Looch and several bands, kids’ games including a moon bounce and face painting, and a spaghetti eating contest! La Festa will go on rain or shine. For more information please call 215-334-8882 or www.filitaliainternational.com.
MS GOODY CUPCAKE OPEN HOUSE PARTY
11:30am – 5:30am
Ms Goody Cupcake celebrates Craft Beer Day/Philly Beer Week and La Festa Della Repubblica (Italian Day Festival) with their first special open house. Enjoy a FREE cake truffle tasting*, $2.00 cupcakes (normally $2.50), FREE mini-cupcake tastings, fun themed flavors and FREE door prizes. Party goers can even win six months of free cupcakes by entering the in-store contest of “Liking” Ms Goody Cupcake on Facebook during the event. For CRAFT BEER DAY, Owner Gigi Andrew’s will serve her own specially “brewed” cupcake: “Take Me Out to the Ballpark!” (pictured below) Enjoy this beer and chocolate cake, with peanut butter filling, chocolate fudge topping, with peanuts on top. It’s a home run! We will also debut a chocolate and beer cake truffle mini. For LA FESTA, Ms Goody Cupcake will serve up Italian flavors and favorites, such as our Tiramisu, Limoncello, Holy Cannoli and 4th of July (Ricotta triple layer with berries).
I don’t know about you, but I want to win six months of free cupcakes! How awesome would that be? Her cupcakes are amazing and if you didn’t check out my review, please take a minute to read about my experience! You better believe, Ms Goody’s Got It!!