IT’S THE LAST WEEK!! Yes, I’m jumping for joy! At one point it honestly seemed as if this day would never come. I’m kind of sad because I really wanted to like this whole experience. But I just didn’t. It got to be more of a hassle than it was worth, especially since week after week we were piling at least half of our share into the Swap Box and barely getting anything in return. So it ended up being a huge waste of money. For what I paid I could’ve gotten organic produce (that I pick) delivered right to my door. Oh well, lesson learned. It’s time to close this chapter.
This last week is just like the others – more stuff in the Swap Box: Romaine Lettuce, Kale, Green Cabbage and Cilantro. Mr. Curly Fry was able to get two more Leeks out of the Swap Box. But that’s it.
No major plans for this stuff. I still have a ton of Potatoes left that I really need to use. I cut up the Green Peppers (from last week) and the Mixed Peppers. I cut some into strips and some into small pieces and threw them in the freezer. I figured it’ll be nice to have them later on when I need them.
I plan to incorporate the Leeks into this week’s Souper Bowl Sunday recipe in some way.
1 Head Green Romaine Lettuce - Certified Organic – Bellview Organics
- 1 Leek – Certified Organic – Certified Organic – Coyote Run Organics
- 1 Bunch Tatsoi – Certified Organic – Hillside Organics
- 1 Bag Mixed Sweet Peppers – Certified Organic – Maple Lawn Organics
- 1 Bag Russet Potatoes – Certified Organic – Bellview Organics
1 Bunch Green Kale – Certified Organic – Eagle View Acres 1 Head Green Cabbage – Certified Organic – Green Valley Organics 1 Bunch Cilantro – Certified Organic – Noble Herbs
- 1 Bag Heirloom Cranberries – Organically Grown – Paradise Hill Farm – Tabernacle, NJ
- 1 Jar Red Raspberry Jam – Certified Organic – Oakview Acres
I still have last week’s Cranberries so I think I’ll combine them and make Cranberry Sauce. Does anyone have a tried & true recipe?